Jonny Freesh is an artist, who expresses through rap and epically original music videos. I was introduced by our mutual friend, Mr Derek Loudermilk, who told me that Jonny would have a story or 2 to tell about flow states.
I love nothing more than talking to artists who slip into these states of heightened creativity and self-expression. On this past episode, I spoke to Dane Tomas about the connection between freestyle rapping and flow and its a topic I’ll happily revisit.
You see, freestyle rappers have been the subject of one of the most famous research studies into flow states and creativity.
Please make yourself comfortable, pour yourself a coffee/scotch/ coconut water and settle into this “flow chat” that Jonny and I get into.
What you will discover from Jonny Freesh
- How his creative juices get flowing
- The real struggle aspiring creative artists face to be recognised
- The choice we must all make between compromise and commitment
- What role ayahuasca and plant medicine ceremony work has played in both our lives
- How you can support this maestro of flow
Useful Jonny Freesh Links
- Jonny’s website: http://freeshrap.com/
- Roots Manuva (just a song not a video) – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSoceVRGf5k
- Watsky – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVQOhIVcMj0
- Book about Scanners (People who have lots of different interests) – http://www.amazon.com/Refuse-Choose-Interests-Passions-Hobbies/dp/1594866260
- Book about memory athletes – http://www.amazon.com/Moonwalking-Einstein-Science-Remembering-Everything/dp/0143120530