Laird Hamilton is a modern day Wild Man and a legend of freedom and flow.
Best known as a big-wave surfing pioneer and iconic waterman, Laird has spent his whole life pushing boundaries, in a natural expression of what makes him feel alive.
In his 53 years Hamilton has been an elite performer as a surfer, innovator, athlete, author, stuntman, model, producer, TV host, entrepreneur, husband and father.
Laird strikes me as the epitome of a human “Living in Flow”. His adventures on the ocean are just one part of a holistic life, designed to allow maximum expression and harmony with nature.
He is firmly grounded in his family life (wife of Gabrielle Reece and father of 3 daughters), is surrounded by loyal friends, has co-founded XPT a high performance training company, released a range of nutrition products, gives back through charity work…
and at the age of 53 has the energy, curiosity and playfulness of a child, combined with the wisdom that can only be gained through a life time of challenge, discipline and personal growth.
In this free-flowing podcast you’ll discover:
Laird Hamilton epic quotes
– “We don’t get to hunt giant wild beasts anymore… so we go out into the wilderness and do these things… It makes me a better human.”
Resources and links to check that we mention in the interview
- Check the new documentary Take Every Wave, Hamilton is again pushing the edge with his new obsession, hydrofoil surfing.
- Paul Chek, peak performance visionary
- XPT Life: The training movement built around how Laird and Gabby train and live.
- Laird’s website, where you will find everything he is involved in
- Laird Super Food
Watch the interview on video here: