Steve James is, quite possibly the human, fiery bearded re-incarnation of Yoda.
Timeless wisdom emerges from him through impeccably Zen sentences and movement patterns. He’s funny in an off-beat dry, British way.
There is a mystical quality to his presence- a peaceful power that emanates from deep within.
Steve officially lives on a boat in the UK where he sometimes hangs out practicing deep meditation and contemplation. But for the most part he travels the world as a teacher of somatic practices, meditation, yoga.
Those fortunate enough to work with him are pioneering entrepreneur CEO’s and multi-billion dollar fund managers to multiple Grammy-winning musical artists and Oscar-winning actors.
I had the honour of spending 5 days with Steve and Michaela Boehm as they co-facilitated an immersion into tantra, intimacy and “erotic friction”. Each morning Steve led us through movement approach called the Movement Koan® Method,
“Become aware of the raw sensory data that reveals the presence of your body“, is an example of one of the few sentences he deemed necessary to guide us into a deeper state of awareness.
For 5 days, I was captivated by his noble quietness and deep wisdom.
So… as you can imagine I made damn sure to invite him onto the Flowstate Peformance podcast so you could also taste the wisdom and hear us philosophise and to dive into his background as an elite athlete, a dedicated student of contemplative and spiritual disciplines, the arts, extreme outdoor survival, and human behaviour.
We ended up having one of the most free-flowing conversations yet had on the show. Afterwards Steve said to: “We kinda rambled on there. D’you think anyone wants to hear that stuff?”
I replied: “That’s exactly what they want to hear!”
So… listen in as I chat with Steve James, the Guru Viking if you want to learn about:
- Ritual and his child-hood direct experiences of mysticism
- Steve’s child-hood perceptions of God… “God was the smell of the incense”.
- How Karate and fencing influenced his development
- How to prioritise and make hard decisions
- Erotic friction, sexual chemistry and the “art of pulling apart”
- The power of rituals: “Consistency is more important that duration”.
- 3 amazing reasons to learn a new language (Steve is learning Tibetan)
- Men’s work, outdoor survival and re-wilding
To learn more about Steve James
- Guru Viking- Steve’s personal website
- Steve’s Soundcloud channel (which is awesome!)
- Steve’s upcoming workshops and retreats
- Man Unbound™– a mens retreat I will attend next year.
Please enjoy the show, and remember to sign up for new podcast episode updates and Flowstate articles below.
Are you an entrepreneurial CEO? Charge up here: